Wednesday, March 4, 2015

First day of GDC

I'm in San Francisco whoo! This is my first year attending the Game Developers Conference and it's awesome!

So happy to leave the snow

I brought 3 other software engineers from CU with me. Today we wandered around the Expo hall and went to two panels. The first was a recruitment panel for Playstation.

Playstation panel
Looking forward to applying to their internship program.

We also went to Turning the Tide: Hiring and Retaining Women in the Games Industry.
Women in Games panel
The ladies here are all from awesome companies, like EA and Sqaure Enix. I had the opportunity to chat with them after the panel and got some great leads for jobs! 

Overall the first day of GDC was great, and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to attend such a cool conference. I'm also super eager to go back home and keep working on the game we're developing. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment