Monday, July 9, 2012

Return to Rift

I re-subbed to Rift and started two characters, both named Ninakas, both Rogues. The first is on the German server Terminus and the second on the American server Wolfsbane.

Why am I playing two rogues? Honestly I love bards. Bards have been my favorite class in MMOs since Dark Age of Camelot. I just can't resist playing one. Not to mention the soul system in Rift allows my Rogues to be very different from each other.

I'm playing on the German server to help improve my German. I'm taking the time to read every quest I can, which is making leveling a very slow going process. I'm a little bit nervous about joining a guild and interacting with people, but I will do it.

The American rogue is primarily to get to play with my boyfriend. He's not a huge fan of MMOs and generally finds them to be easy and boring. So far in Rift he finds this to be the case. I keep promising him it will get more challenging as we progress. Once we hit 20 we'll see if it's worth him buying the game.

Rift has changed a lot since I played at launch. I really like the new soul suggestion system. It feels a lot less daunting than picking souls one a time. Now you pick a general class you want to play and it gives you a soul build for that class, along with suggestions at every level for how to allocate your points. Before you just bought one soul at a time and rearranged your spec depending on how you wanted to play. You still have that option, but it's nice having a general build instead.

The latest Rift update added a lot of content. Mentoring, Conquest, new Instant Adventures, and Summerfest. I'll write more as I experience these new changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment