Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Thoughts After Completion and Randomly Picking a New Game to Beat

So I finished my first traditional shooter (according to Kyle Borderlands doesn't count because it's a RPG). I tend to avoid the entire shooter genre because I don't enjoy it. Something about mowing down tons of dudes with guns just doesn't do it for me. So you can guess from the title I finished Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I'm told this is the best of the CoD games and if that's a case I think I can pass on the rest of the series.

The last time I played a CoD game it was Modern Warfare 3. I'm pretty sure all CoD games have confusing story lines and lackluster characters, because both games had that feature in common. And guns, they both had those too.

I thought it was funny I was playing as Soap, so he was the only character who's name I actually remembered. The title itself bothers me. "Modern" Warfare, I'm pretty sure in "modern" warfare you don't mow down hundreds and hundreds of mans with only a gun and survive. Though what do I know, I've never been in a war zone. Also how were the Russians and the Arabs linked? I missed that. I think the game was just about killing people who Americans don't like. Should have been some Germans in there too. Because you know training people to dislike entire countries is really healthy. *Too liberal for war games*

The difficulty curve was frustrating. For the first time ever in a shooter I played on Normal difficulty instead of Easy because the game decided in the beginning through a tutorial that's where I would fit. And most of the time I felt it was accurate. Until random missions were nearly impossible to finish... I'm pretty sure I'm bad, but the difficulty curve was annoying. It was a snake not a curve, moving around all snake like.

Dressing up as a mop was the highlight of the game for me. Also sniping is easy mode so I'm good at that.
When I played CoD: MW3 I wrote a list of ways that I died. I'm going to do the same again, but sadly this time there were no trees to kill me.

All the deaths
1) Dogs
2) Cars
3) Tanks
4) Barrels
5) LOTS of grenades, I swear I see the indicator and walk into it

I'm pretty sure I'll play a CoD game again, because we own Black Ops and it's a really quick way to get a game beat. But for now I'm going to my random list and picking one.

These are in totally random order:
1. Okami
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Last of Us
4. Far Cry 3
5. CoD Black Ops
6. Skyrim
7. Mass Effect 3
8. Dragon Age 2
9. Persona 4
10. Fire Emblem (3DS)
11. FFIV
12. FFXIII-2
13. Katamari (some PS3 version)

Ya those are all games in our collection I haven't beaten (note: there are a lot more games than the ones listed I haven't beaten). Hell some of those I haven't played. Time to go to the random generator. I'm going to be pissed if I role a 5. I should have taken it off the list.

I'm so game ADD this is the only way I can even pick one ><

2 WINS! Looks like my next challenge is Binfinite. I'm just glad I didn't get 5.

I'm a little disappointed I won't be killing Big Daddys with wrenches....
I enjoyed Bioshock, so hopefully this one is just as good.

On a side note I'm doing a really good job of beating quicky games and might actually be able to buy a new game soon! I'm looking at you Beyond Two Souls, I don't care if you have mixed reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment