Sunday, October 6, 2013

Game Progress #4

Oy, it's been a while since I've written anything, which is a shame since it was motivating me to play single player games. Ah well, let's see how this writing blog thing works :D

Games beaten
I have a slew of games to report being completed. Here we go.

Borderlands for PC
Behold a random promo photo!
Ok I beat this months ago. The ending was, uh confusing? I remember sitting there scratching my head wondering why there was
****SPOILER***







no treasure in the vault. We were greeted by a giant monster instead. Kyle assured me Borderlands 2 would be better at explaining things. Uh haven't finished Borderlands 2 so who knows if it really does any better at explaining things.

90 in WoW for PC
Not my Death Knight, but whatever
So I don't remember if I wrote about my Priest hitting 90 or my Death Knight. I'm going to assume I wrote about my Priest hitting 90. The Death Knight making it to 90 was relatively uneventful, and I haven't been playing WoW for the last month or so.

Ni No Kuni for PS3
Man I love this game
Also beat Ni No Kuni months ago, but man what a great game. Go play it. That's all I have to say.

Kingdom Rush: Frontiers for iPad

Ok if you have an iPad go download this game. It's a fun little tower defense that will have you hooked for hours. I should have gotten two game beats out of this. One for finishing all of the levels and a 2nd for finishing all the challenge modes, but they released three more levels before I finished the challenge modes. Ugh, must finish all new levels and challenges for a 2nd game beat. Lamesauce. But seriously download it.

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty for PC

Ok I've owned this game since the day it came out and I finished the first campaign Wings of Liberty today. It was a lot of fun, but I feel the dripping masculinity a little bit frustrating. I'm looking forward to playing Heart of the Swarm to have an actual female character in the story. All the women-folk were weak and did not play major roles. I was annoyed that Kerrigan was portrayed as the "damsel-in-distress" for the majority of the game, even though she was a badass Zerg leader! Is it really that bad to ask for strong female characters in games?

On a side note I doubt I'll become a competitive Star Craft player anytime soon. I did remember how much I enjoy RTSs however :)


Games played this week

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn for PC
Pretty game!
I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy XIVARR since it released a month ago. I had the pleasure of taking part of the Titan challenge at PAX and have a shirt to prove I took him down. ^^ My job is 37 White Mage, but I was a lot of time dabbling with other jobs and gathering, particularly fishing. My fishing almost caught up to my white mage level which seemed sad, given that it's pretty slow and boring. Ah well. I should probably dedicate a post to how awesome FFXIVARR is and why you should play it.

Beat Buddy for PC
http://beatbuddy.com/
Beat Buddy is a fun little platformer by a German game company. We ran into them at PAX and I played a quick demo, fell in love. Kyle gifted it to me on Steam when we got back. The levels are pretty long, take 40-50 minutes on average (well average for me, but I'm hella bad at platformers...) If you're looking for a cute little indie platformer with some sweet music check this one out.


Due to buying Final Fantasy I'm in game debt right now. I did not have three game beats when I bought it >< I only had one. Beating StarCraft today means I only have one left to be caught up but a bunch of awesome games are coming out this month!  I need to finish 4 games to buy Beyond Two Souls on Tuesday.  Back to the gamesors I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment