Friday, May 4, 2012

First steps into the Ironman WoW Competition



A  few months ago I read stumbled across WoW's Ironman competition. This is a post about my first experience and failure with WoW Ironman. The rules for the competition are as follow:

Level from 1-85 using the rules below.
  1. Only White or Grey gear. No Heirlooms of any kind.
  2. No transfer of gear, items, or money from any other character (yours or others).
  3. No gear enhancements, including gems, enchanting, and reforging. Class abilities are allowed (eg. Rogue poisons, Shaman imbues).
  4. No specialization, talent points, or glyphs. No pet talent points.
  5. No professions or secondary skills, except for First Aid.
  6. No potions, flasks, or elixirs except for required quest items.
  7. No food buffs or other external buffs (including buffs from items and other players).
  8. No groups or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.
  9. No dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, or arenas.
  10. No guilds, except for level 1 guilds created specifically for the Ironman Challenge.
  11. No Refer-A-Friend.
  12. No addons which assist in combat and/or leveling (eg. leveling guides, Ovale).
  13. THE BIG ONE: No deaths. Character death for any reason disqualifies the character
The following are allowed:
  1. All class abilities, racials, and personal buffs.
  2. All mounts, bags, and non-combat pets.
  3. All quests, including holiday events and dailies (unless prohibited by some other rule, eg. Fishing and Cooking dailies).
After mulling this over for a day or so I decide to restart my account and join in on the fun. Instead of choosing my class, race, ect. I used random.com to generate some numbers to choose what I would play. From this we get Iroknee the male human Warlock
Fear Iroknee

 I thought this would be fun and easy. Ok maybe not easy, but the challenge was great. Finally I had a reason to play WoW again, though wasn’t I just as happy not playing? I was very impressed with how detailed the Warlock spell Shadow bolt looks. I guess I have never noticed it before.

Pshhhoooosh Shadowbolt!

There is a little skull at the end! How cute =) I wonder if male gamers notice these things. I thought things were going fairly well with Iroknee. Had a few close calls with Kobolds that respawn too fast. However my leveling bliss was not meant to last. I was level 8 and decided to engage 2 level 10 Murlocs. By the time I started running I was already dead.

R.I.P. Iroknee, sorry for being dumb and attacking dudes higher than me.

This could not be the end, I had to continue try again. Back to the random generator and we get a Blood Elf Hunter!
Why are Belfs sexier than Nelfs?

Well this can’t go any worse than Iroknee did. Check back later to see my continuous failure at Ironman WoW!

No comments:

Post a Comment