Monday, May 20, 2013

A Girl and her Skeleton: Part 1

I said I would write a Rift post today, so here you go.

I started playing Rift again recently when Raptr was giving away the expansion and one month of game time for free. I decided to start playing my Mage Moonsyn with the Necromancer soul tree. 

For those of you who don't know in Rift you pick one of four classes, Warrior, Cleric, Mage, or Rogue.   You then pick three souls from ten to combine into the class you want to play. There are four roles for souls, Tank, DPS, Healer, and Support. You can see all of the Rift souls and classes here. It's a pretty neat system and you can swap between your preset soul choices. Mages can DPS, heal, or support depending on their soul configuration. 

Moonsyn has most of her points in Necromancer with the others in Warlock and Dominator. She is currently level 45 out of a max of 60.
Moonsyn and her Skeleton Companion
Rift is a very polished MMO that continues to impress me. I'm intrigued by what end game is like and hope to do some raiding. I've been leveling pretty slowly honestly. I'm spending a lot of time collecting artifacts which are Rifts collection system. You pick up little sparkles from the ground and each one has a collection set it goes into. Once you complete a set you can turn them in for various rewards. There are so many collection sets though it's a little bit overwhelming. I think I have a total of 15 completed out of who knows how many... a lot.

I also have been completing all the quests in an area. You can "mentor" in Rift which allows you to adjust your level down so you don't have to worry about out leveling an area. In addition to questing I've been doing achievements. I almost have all the cheevos in the first Defiant starting zone, Freemarch. I'm still missing the achievement related to artifacts and Instant Adventures.

Instant Adventures are a kind of neat feature to Rift. You queue to join a group either for a random zone or a specific one. In that zone you get several objectives to complete, mostly of the Kill Ten Rats variety. It's a great way to quickly get XP and a mindless activity to do during conference calls... ha. Currently in my Freemarch Achievement hunt I need to complete 500 Instant Adventures (at about 230 now) and kill one more boss. The bosses randomly spawn, so hopefully in the next 270 adventures I'll get the one I'm missing. I have a bad feeling the Achievement is really for 1000 it just hasn't shown me yet.

So there ya go, part one of a Girl and her Skeleton. Tune in next time to see how how achievement and leveling is going with Moonsyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment