Friday, June 1, 2012

NBI wrap-up and more!



May has ended and with it the Newbie Blogger Initiative has come to a close, or so we thought. Syp has decided to start the NBI awards and somehow my blog is a nominee for "Promising star, general games and geekery" When I saw that I'm a nominee I was in utter shock. I'm still in shock. This means even more people will be looking at my blog O.o You can vote for me here.

I started this blog while I was far far away in the land of Germany drinking beer by the river and playing games, thus the name Gaming Abroad. I stopped blogging May 2011 and then started again for NBI. It just dawned on me that people other than my closest friends might actually be reading what I write. I'm writing for me about what I enjoy, which is why you'll see a couple posts about Hookah along with many posts about various games.

So what's to come? I have many stories about the adventures my friends and I had in various European countries that are currently sitting as drafts waiting to be finished. Hardcore mode in Diablo 3 is going well, expect an update next week. There will be more hookah posts. And of course random posts about various games I'm currently playing like TERA and the games I check out at GameStop. So stay tuned, hopefully you enjoy my ramblings and keep coming back for more, bwaha.

Thank you again to Syp for the encouragement to start blogging again and to all the sponsors for their advice. As a wrap up to May he asked us to post all the new blogs and sponsor posts so here ya go. It's quite the list.


New blogs to check out:
§  TL-DR
§  Funsponge
§  /con mmob
§  MMOARprz
Sponsor advice posts:
§  In An Age: Advice for new bloggers
§  Shards of Imagination: Choosing the subject of your blog
§  Contains Moderate Peril: Some general guidanceMind your languageStats,Episode 61
§  High Latency Life: Finding your voiceYou need a thick skin
§  ETCmmo.com: General advice
§  World’s End Tavern: General tips
§  Parallel Context: The best advice
§  Tremayne’s Law: Read Think Write Edit
§  Avatars of Steel: Curling up with a good blog
§  Gamerlady: Tips to start
§  Live Like a Nerd: WordPress plugins for bloggers
§  Thade’s Hammer: Advice for the new bloggers
§  Psychochild: What makes your blog special
§  A Casual Stroll to Mordor: Learn how to podcastWriting for the web
§  Contains Moderate Peril: Episode 58Fine-turning your blog
§  A Green Mushroom: Blogging tips and hints
§  Too Many Annas: Picking a name
§  Grimnir’s Grudge: It feels good to be a blogger
§  Distilled Willpower: 8 blogging tips they won’t tell you
§  Vicarious Experience: From there to here
§  Multiplaying: You should be blogging
§  Blue Kae: Advice is a strong word
§  Screaming Monkeys: Top five tips
§  Caer Morrighan: Get started with WoW blogging
§  Hawt Pants: New blogger advice
§  Tiger Ears: Why I started blogging
§  Berath’s Brain Burps: Sage wordsHow to get lots and lots of hits
§  Just One More Unlock: Newbie blogger tipsOpportunity
§  Hunter’s Insight: An idea is formedWhat not to do
§  Epic Slant: Tips and linksGuest post
§  MMOGC: 3 little things
§  A Journey through the Mind: My 0.2 ISK
§  Epic Slant: Writer’s block
§  Creeping…: So you think you can blog
§  The Ancient Gaming Noob: Playing blogroll breadcrumbs
§  Dragonchasers: How not to build an audience
§  Welcome to Spinksville: What you should write and how to write it
§  The Stories of O: Top 4 tips
§  A Ding World: Blog posting
§  The Wild Boar Inn: Blogging tips
§  Professor Beej: Stop writing!
§  Nomnom.info: 4 blogging tips
§  Casual Is As Casual Does: Tips, tricks and who am I kidding
§  Roll One Hundred: Managing screenshots
§  Bullet Points: I refuse to call it a blogosphere
§  KIASA: Good advice
§  Pumping Irony: Before taking the plunge
§  Life is a Mind-Bending Puzzle: Wrapping up advice all in one place
§  Sheep the Diamond: Advice from an old bull

No comments:

Post a Comment