Friday, June 8, 2012

Quick Impression: Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Last week I checked out Warhammer 40k Space Marine for the PS3. I only played an hour or two, so this will be pretty quick.

Must kill Orks
Space Marine is a 3rd person shooter, where you kill Orks, lots and lots of Orks. Personally I prefer to kill non-humans, so I was entertained by killing Orks. My boyfriend said it felt like Gears of War and Shrek made a video game baby.

My favorite part of the game was the ability to do melee combat. I like going up to things and whacking them with a sword, chainsaw, you know whatever I happen to have in my hand. You could gain health back by doing melee combat by doing a gruesome killing blow.

For any parents out there who have a nagging child who wants to play M rated games, I would say this is a better choice than anything in the Call of Duty series. There is a lot of blood, but you're killing Orks, not people. It plays fairly similarly to Call of Duty, namely you have a gun, you get objective points, and you run around and kill everything green in sight. I'm noticing a repeating theme in games with guns... I guess it's not that different than killing everything that moves in an MMO.

Next up: Borderlands


No comments:

Post a Comment